CU Asian Times July 2015
The Steering Wheel of Life

It has been 35 years since I first got my driver’s license. At the time, the state of the driver’s facilities were despicably inadequate. Since vehicle ownership was uncommon, practice was often limited to 30 minutes to an hour, once…

Concert benefiting Developmental Services Center July 14, 2015—(Champaign, IL) — Developmental Services Center (DSC) is pleased to partner with the Eastern Illinois Parrot Head Club (EIPHC) as the beneficiary of the 2015 “C-U In The Prairibbean XI” benefit concert that…

Tragedy in Chicago echoed  in C-U 100 years ago

Photo by: AP photo Passengers are rescued as they stand atop the Eastland passenger ship after the vessel capsized in the Chicago River in downtown Chicago. The Eastland Disaster Historical Society is planning events this summer to mark the 100th…

Immigrants welcome here

Photo by: Abrar Al-Heeti/The News-Gazette Prosper Panumpabi, president and lead pastor of Wedding of the Lamb Church in Champaign, speaks at Sunday’s service. CHAMPAIGN — The church that Prosper Panumpabi started in his basement seven years ago has become much…

To The Weary Time Traveler.

You are cold and wet, hungry and tired. For some odd reason you feel like time is accelerating and only passing faster. You spend more and more time looking back than forward. Retrospection became an entertaining pastime, yet planning became…

Timing

It has been 12 long years, but at long last I’m finally home. I knew this visit would be pivotal from the get-go. Not only because of 12 years, but because my dearest older brother was getting married, and also…

Copyrights: Crumbling  Before the Internet

Copyrights are crumbling before the internet. Not only free websites, but illegal contents too, are going rampant. The appearance of Wikipedia, in particular, is fanning this flames of change. Historically, copyrights have always been checked by new technology. Edison’s phonograph…

7 Interesting & Unusual Uses for Eggs

Sure, eggs are great for eating. They are full of healthy fats and protein, are affordable, and delicious. They are filled with B vitamins, zinc, iron, riboflavin, lutein, among other important nutrients. But did you know eggs have other uses…

A New Test Can Finally Tell You  What’s in Your Tuna

In a casserole, in a melt, in a nicoise salad—canned tuna has long been staple in no-fuss cuisine. It’s easy, affordable protein, after all. But worries about mercury and contamination have turned this onetime lunch favorite into a culinary villain. Industrial pollution…