CU Asian Times May 2014
Why Did You Hit Me?

There may be many ways to communicate between people, but the most forcible, negative, and the lowest of the roads, is probably violence. We call the application of direct and physical force upon a person’s body violence. But it isn’t…

Killeen ready to  take reins at UI

Timothy Killeen has had lots of on-the-job training since that day in mid-November when he arrived at Chicago’s Midway Airport to accept his new position at the University of Illinois. There to greet him at the bottom of the escalator…

Obama chooses Chicago's South Side  for presidential library

President Barack Obama has decided to build his presidential library on the South Side of Chicago, where his political career began. The Barack Obama Foundation announced in a news release early Tuesday that the library will be erected on park…

Obama restricts police military gear,  says it can alienate

Photo by: Champaign County sheriff’s office Chief Deputy Sheriff Allen Jones looks out the top of the newest addition to the Champaign County Sheriff’s fleet — a mine-resistant, ambush-protected vehicle that came free of charge, care of the U.S. military….

Kerry Decries N. Korea’s  Internet Repression

The United States says North Koreans’ Internet access has been limited under Kim Jung Un, shown at a cartoon studio in an undated photograph released by North Korea’s official news agency KCNA in November 2014.   U.S. Secretary of State…

Obama Gets His Own Twitter Account:  'It's Barack. Really!'

President Barack Obama holds up his Blackberry as he walks on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington.   President Barack Obama sent his first tweet from his very own account on Twitter on Monday, quickly amassing tens…

Look up and Speak up

Technology, with its various benefits, has brought us humans a beautifully advanced life. 3D printing, advanced medical technology, improvements in engineering and etc enabled humans to live efficient and convenient lives. Advancements in technology, it seems like, should be something…

About twenty ago when I was a child in Korea, there was a public health notice going around accompanied by posters, informing the people that they ought to be brushing their teeth three times a day (once after each meal)…

Why Can’t I Remember My Dreams?

More Cohesion, More Dreams Recalled If someone happens to ask if you remember your recent dream, it’s common to hesitate. It’s because it is that hard to remember what you’d dreamt. But that feeling remains – and sometimes, the contents…