CU AsianTimes July 2014
Strangers without borders

@CulturalContentsDotCom   When I was young there weren’t any places officially designated as playgrounds at all. Everything in nature was toys, and nature itself became the playground. Although every little this and that in nature was fascinating, the amount of…

The slides on the latest state economic update had titles like “Titanic Ahead” and “Worse News.” Despite the dire forecasts, the University of Illinois outlined a budget request Monday that asks the state for more money for fiscal 2016 —…

Many wish city  would leave them high, dry

Photo by: John Dixon/The News-Gazette,Geese hold up traffic on First Street as they flee the Second Street basin after a rain storm on Monday July 14, 2014. CHAMPAIGN — For residents of Champaign neighborhoods that in the past couple years…

Dear America We Have a Drinking Problem.

Piotr Marcinski, photographer | iStock Collection | Thinkstock Eighty-eight thousand deaths a year? One in 10? Why are so many U.S. adults drinking themselves to death? A shocking new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows…

Illicit Ivory Sales Booming in Bangkok

Ivory bracelets on sale in Tha Phrachan market, Thailand. (Courtesy TRAFFIC) The sale of ivory products is booming in Bangkok, according to a new study. The number of items in shops in the Thai capital has nearly tripled in the…

Sometimes I find myself asking a rather perturbing question. It’s not necessarily violent, and it is not necessarily offensive – for the most part. It has to do with some ideas around the phrase ‘ignorance is bliss,’ the ignorance portion…

The Flower of Cultural Contents  ‘Game Engineering’ An introduction

Game Engineering is a field of study that approaches the flower of 21st century cultural contents, video game, from the engineering perspective, covering topics on networking technology, programming, and digital contents.   Game Engineering works toward cultivating key players in…

Ocean’s Chameleon:  Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish is an invertebrate in the order Sepiida, and about 100 species are known around the world. The size varies by species, some small species like Sepia kobiensis being around 7cm, and larger members like Sepia apama being over 50cm….

Fruit Salad With Pudding

Photo: May I Have That Recipe   Ingredients: Servings:15 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, undrained 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained 1 (3 1/8 ounce) box dry vanilla instant pudding mix 1 lb strawberry, stemmed and quartered 1…