CU Asian Times June 2015
To Couples

I haven’t really lived all that long, but if I was prompted to pick out the most joyous occasion in my life, there are rather many events that bring a smile back to my face. Though those moments are probably…

News-Gazette exclusive:  Coach's payout: $48,500

Photo by: The News-Gazette Mike Divilbiss at State Farm Center in Champaign on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013.   Former assistant women’s basketball coach Mike Divilbiss received a nearly $48,500 payout when he left the University of Illinois under a cloud…

Book 'em: Area libraries  put up with plenty

Photo by: Robin Scholz/The News-Gazette Champaign Public Library Chief of Security Brent Coclasure talks to a patron about the library’s food and drink policy during his rounds at the main library on Monday, June 15, 2015.    The staff at public…

Demand on the rise  for medical assistants

Photo by: Rick Danzl/The News-Gazette Linda Owen, Champaign, is checked by CMA Shawn Hauersperger at Carle on Windsor Road in Urbana.   CHAMPAIGN — They call you back from the waiting room, put you on the scale and check your…

You’ll Never Know

I was once challenged by a snob to come up with an unanswerable question. After much thought, my question was nothing existential or scholarly, but a simple, tasteful inquiry: “What does watermelon taste like?” Like the taste of a watermelon,…

For me and most people in the world currently living, Father’s day is a holiday that has been around for years. It is also a very personal day and one of significant reverence to most people, though at times, all…

‘The Most Splendid Cup’  Made By a Harvard Student

Paper Cup / Invention that Changed the World The year 1907 – in the campus of Harvard University, one man was lost in thoughts. It was Hugh Moore, an average freshman from Kansas. His reason for contemplation was the water…

3 Products You Should  Never Buy Again

As people with an incredible amount of buying power, we have a unique responsibility when it comes to being a responsible consumer. And with a world of options at our fingertips, it should be no surprise that some choices are…

Top 5 Natural Mosquito Repellents  that Really Work

Many years ago I stood outdoors with a group of people and within two minutes was swarmed by mosquitoes while the others were almost completely unaffected. After making my escape indoors, a quick count showed that in less than two…