The CU Immigration Forum (CUIF) announces the 2015 Immigrant Welcome Award winners. The Immigrant Welcome Awards recognizes the contributions of individuals and organizations that have created a welcoming atmosphere for immigrants in the Champaign-Urbana community. CUIF is proud to celebrate…

Enthusiastic Illinois students who wish to train as a reporter or engage in marketing activities targeting the Asian community are encouraged to apply! Reporting intern: write monthly articles about local news, personal stories, education, career, technology, travel and entertainment. Guidance…

CU Asian Times August 2015
The Independence of a Country and I

In August 2015, Korea welcomed the 70th anniversary of its independence. It was named “Recovery of Light Day” probably because of the 35 years spent in darkness without freedom under the Japanese occupation. Though I didn’t live it, I can…

Part I. O’Hare Airport to the UIUC campus 1) Transportation: International students most commonly arrive at The Chicago O’Hare International Airport. Once you have arrived at O’Hare International Airport you will have several options to help you get to the…

UI freshman class  gets formal welcome

Photo by: Rick Danzl/The News-Gazette University of Illinois students have lunch after Student Convocation near Memorial Stadium Friday August 21, 2015.   In her first public address since being named acting chancellor, Barb Wilson told more than 7,000 wide-eyed University…

Money woes may close  county historical museum

Photo by: Rick Danzl/The News-Gazette Champaign County Historical Museum on University Avenue in Champaign Friday August 21, 2015.   CHAMPAIGN — The Champaign County Historical Museum may have to close due to financial problems, according to its board Co-President Hal…

Chicken Shack and Bar  coming to downtown Champaign!

Watson’s Shack & Rail, LLC plans to open a fine-casual chicken shack in the previous Boltini location at 211 N. Neil Street in downtown Champaign, with an expected open date this upcoming fall.   The core menu at Watson’s Shack…

Do you remember what it was like, being a child? There are a few things I’ve noticed about looking back, especially when it’s one of those “I wish I was [blank] again”. The good times always seem to be in…

On the Soul

Cruising through the developmental history of civilization and science, from the time of Plato, the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, we come to slowly dismiss the gravity of the ‘soul’ in human existence. Improvements in fields like sociology, psychology, economics…